Integrating Islands with Landmasses

EAI notes and thoughts

Monday, November 21, 2005

Estimating Development Effort in EAI - II

Following Vivek and Controlled Agility's thoughts on my post on Estimation in EAI projects, I learnt Function Point (FP) estimation and realized that the thoughts on my earlier post do not hold true for estimation during all phases. FP is the technique to use when estimating at an earlier phase, say costing or discovery, as there are very few details available. Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), on the other hand, is best suited for estimation in the development phase, when all the details are available, the development tool has been finalized and resources with expertise in the tool are also available.

I had plans to rewrite my earlier post with FP as the base, but will not do so now because Controlled Agility covers it in more depth in this post.

del.icio.us  digg  technorati